Re: use gnus-agent-fetch-selected-article only in certain groups

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: use gnus-agent-fetch-selected-article only in certain groups
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:56:49 +0100

    Reiner> On Mon, Dec 13 2004, Reiner Steib wrote:

    Reiner> [ I think  you mail was intended as  a posting (else you'd
    Reiner> write in
    Reiner>   German, I guess), so I answer here. [1]

Ups you are right[1]

    Reiner>   Uwe  wrote that it didn't work  after fixing  the regexp
    Reiner>   and he asked if I had tested it. ]

    Reiner> I didn't test your example.  I have the following:

    Reiner> Also this test works for me:

    Reiner> (setq X-gnus-select-article-hook nil)
    Reiner>(setq gnus-parameters
    Reiner>'(("^nnimap.*"
    Reiner>(eval
    Reiner>(add-to-list (make-local-variable 'X-gnus-select-article-hook)
    Reiner>'gnus-agent-fetch-selected-article)))))

    Reiner> Bye, Reiner.

This is *very odd*,
my gnus-select-article-hook is set to
 (spam-stat-store-gnus-article-buffer my-set-xsymbol-gnus)

now using

(setq gnus-parameters
          '(("^nnimap.*"
         (eval
          (add-to-list (make-local-variable 'gnus-select-article-hook)
                       'gnus-agent-fetch-selected-article)))))

_Does not work_ for me in the sense that nothing is added to my
gnus-select-article-hook. Interesting to note that you have
set
    Reiner> (setq X-gnus-select-article-hook nil)
BTW what is the X-gnus-select-article-hook, it seems not to exist in
my gnus snapshot.

Strange enough

(setq gnus-parameters
      '(("^nntp.*"
         (eval
          (add-to-list (make-local-variable 'gnus-select-article-hook)
                       'gnus-agent-fetch-selected-article)))))

Adds gnus-agent-fetch-selected-article to gnus-select-article-hook,
for my news groups (which is what I don't want)

But I use nnimap. I am very confused now, again some regexp problem.

Thanks

Uwe

    Reiner> [1] Maybe you should set `gnus-confirm-mail-reply-to-news'?

    Reiner> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Oort Gnus") ]
    Reiner> | * Warn about email replies to news

Footnotes:
[1]   mixing up key F with R (not the first time, thanks for pointing
out the variable gnus-confirm-mail-reply-to-news'?