Re: Checking mail

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: Checking mail
Date: 02 Jan 2005 13:18:49 +0000

David Sumbler <david@aeolia.co.uk> writes:

> As a new Gnus user (that's hard to say!) I have now set things up to
> read my mail.  I am using the nnfolder backend.
>
> It seems to be working OK, but in the Group buffer all my mail groups
> appear with an asterisk instead of the number of unread messages (I am
> using the default gnus-group-line-format).  And the line appears in
> cyan instead of grey like all my newsgroups.
>
> Also, when I press 'g' to to get new "articles" only proper newsgroups
> are updated, not the mail groups.  The only way I seem to be able to
> get the actual number of unread e-mails to show in the Group buffer is
> to enter then quit each group in turn.

OK, I've discovered gnus-group-mail-3-empty-face and
gnus-group-mail-3-face, which explain the cyan group-lines.

I've also discovered that if I specify a level (e.g. with C-u 3 g)
Gnus will fetch new mail as well as news.  How do I get Gnus to fetch
new mail when I just press 'g' on its own, and on start-up?  And why
doesn't it do it already any way?  All my newsgroups and mail groups
have level 3 at the moment.

David

--

David Sumbler