Re: Checking mail

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: Checking mail
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:50:01 +0000

As I mentioned in another thread, I have now upgraded to Gnus 5.10.6.

I hoped that it would solve all my problems (well, the Gnus-related
ones, anyway ;-) ), and it has solved some.

But I still have the problem that when I start Gnus (or press 'g' in
the Group buffer), it does not get new mail, although it gets new news
and new archived messages.

All of my mail and news groups currently have level 3, except for a
couple of mailboxes which I have set to level 1 and 2.

If I give a prefix to 'g' (e.g. 'C-u 5 g') then it updates the mail
OK.

I have looked at the way may actual mail folders and my archive
folders are set up, and the only difference I can see is that the mail
folders have:

nnfolder:""

whereas the sent-mail folders have:

(nnfolder "archive"
          (nnfolder-directory "~/Mail/archive")
          (nnfolder-active-file "~/Mail/archive/active")
          (nnfolder-get-new-mail nil)
          (nnfolder-inhibit-expiry t))

This doesn't seem to explain things (not to me, anyway!)

Any further ideas, anyone?

David