feature proposal:bbdb and the gnus nnimap-split-fancy function

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: feature proposal:bbdb and the gnus nnimap-split-fancy function
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:42:55 -0500

Hello

I would like to use nnimap-split-fancy together with bbdb in the
following way:

For each record that has a 'imap attribute split the mail into this
imap folder

For example

My bbdb entry reads:

Uwe Brauer
            net: oub@mat.ucm.es
     mail-alias: uwe
      signature: friendly
           imap: Uwe

So mail from myself should be placed in the imap folder Uwe.

For the vm interface there exists

(defun bbdb/vm-set-auto-folder-alist ()
"Create a `vm-auto-folder-alist' according to the records in the bbdb.
For each record that has a 'vm-folder' attribute, add an
element (email-regexp . folder) to the `vm-auto-folder-alist'.

And I think a similar hack one my Mark Thomas.

I have found
(defun bbdb/gnus-split-method nil
(defun bbdb/gnus-split-to-group (addr &optional source)

But it seems to be a different thing.

Anybody has an idea?  I already asked in the bbdb group Colin Rafferty
send me some old code which worked for bbdb 2.0 but now not anymore.

Thanks

Uwe Brauer