get new messages not always up to date

From: Lars Tobias Børsting
Subject: get new messages not always up to date
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 16:18:10 +0100

Hi,

When I press "g" to get new messages, it doesn't always understand that
there are infact new messages. I have my new mail going to
a $HOME/mail/INBOX mbox file. This is in turn read by gnus and received
in mail gnus Maildirs. This is my mail source:

(add-to-list 'gnus-secondary-select-methods '(nnml ""))

This will check my $MAIL mbox file for new mail.

Is there a timestamp thingy that is a bit buggy here? Why doesn't gnus
recognize that the INBOX file isn't empty?

Regards,

--
Lars Tobias Børsting