Re: Update or refresh nnimap buffer in summary mode

From: Andreas Balser
Subject: Re: Update or refresh nnimap buffer in summary mode
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:03:47 +0100

> * Can I refresh the summary buffer while in it?  At the moment I have
>   q out of the buffer, and in the groups buffer use "M-g" on it's line

I think "M-g" works in the summary buffer in precisely the same way as
in the groups buffer.

> * Can I automatically have gnus download new messages from the various
>   imap accounts after a certain time period?

can't answer this one.

>   around. (setq nnmail-expiry-wait "immediate") I am guessing this is

I have

(setq gnus-parameters
      '(("maildir"
         (expiry-wait . immediate))))

in my .gnus.el, where "maildir" is a regular expression that happens
to match all my imap-folders.
(Alternatively, you could put all your mail-folders in a topic, and
set the expiry-wait option for the whole topic...)

Cheers,
Andreas