Re: Update or refresh nnimap buffer in summary mode

From: Rohan Nicholls
Subject: Re: Update or refresh nnimap buffer in summary mode
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:48:33 -0200

Andreas Balser <balser@mathematik.uni-muenchen.de> writes:

>> * Can I refresh the summary buffer while in it?  At the moment I have
>>   q out of the buffer, and in the groups buffer use "M-g" on it's line
>
> I think "M-g" works in the summary buffer in precisely the same way as
> in the groups buffer.

Yes it does, however it pulls you out of the buffer rather than letting
you keep reading while it downloads any new messages

>>   around. (setq nnmail-expiry-wait "immediate") I am guessing this is
>
> I have
>
> (setq gnus-parameters
>       '(("maildir"
>          (expiry-wait . immediate))))

I will try this, thanks for the tip.

> in my .gnus.el, where "maildir" is a regular expression that happens
> to match all my imap-folders.
> (Alternatively, you could put all your mail-folders in a topic, and
> set the expiry-wait option for the whole topic...)

I am messing with split at the moment, and as I have mail coming from
two different imap accounts, using the "INBOX" example unfortunately
will not work, and I am trying to get all the mail to go into folders
that are already on the imap server.  I have figured out how to move
mail, so it will come with time.

In the meantime Gnus, never ceases to amaze me with its abilities.  And
using it with planner is completely amazing for getting myself and my
mail organized.

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.  People at work don't really
appreciate what I have found. :-$

rohan