Re: From newbie: Internet adverts not readable with gnus?

From: romeomedina
Subject: Re: From newbie: Internet adverts not readable with gnus?
Date: 23 Feb 2005 08:08:28 -0800

Hi, thanks for your help.

I searched for the file w3m-load.el and found it in the directory
'/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m'. Then I put in my .emacs the lines:

(add-to-list 'load-path (expand-file-name
"/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m"))
(require 'w3m-load)

and the above error message:

File error: "Cannot open load file", "w3m-load"

didn't appear any more. Also, I put in my .gnus.el the lines you
suggest:

(setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m)
(setq mm-inline-text-html-with-images t)

. The 'concats' you set are not quite clear to me,
however in my system everything should be installed in the right place,
I think.
But still I can't view html images in gnus. :(
Do you have any other hint?
I'm quite stuck, even the emacs-w3m mailing list didn't provide help
in this concern.

Cheers,
Rodolfo