Re: Topic-wise subscription of new newsgroups

From: Stefan Kamphausen
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:19:03 +0100

Hi Tim,

Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net> writes:

> I use this and can see the groups created for the split-out mail
> immediately:
>
>      (setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy)
>         (setq nnmail-split-fancy
>           '(| ("to" "internet-bob@bikelist\\.org" "iBOB")
>               ("to" "rbw@bikelist\\.org" "Rivendell")
>               ("to" "port-mac68k@netbsd\\.org" "NetBSD")
>               ("to" "timmcn@bitstream\\.net" "Inbox")
>                "mail.misc"))
>
> One can of course split on the "from" header as well.  I wonder- do
> you have the expression
>
>      (setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy)
>
> in your .gnus?  Perhaps you're getting an odd effect from missing
> that?

Yes, I have that setting, otherwise the splitting wouldn't work at
all, right?  So I suppose it must be due to other settings that your
newly created groups show up immediately.
Do you use topic- or group-parameters?  What did you set the variables
gnus-check-new-newsgroups
gnus-subscribe-newsgroup-method
to?

Regards
Stefan Kamphausen
--
Stefan Kamphausen --- http://www.skamphausen.de
a blessed +42 regexp of confusion (weapon in hand)