Can't move messages between IMAP folders

From: Aaron Bingham
Subject: Can't move messages between IMAP folders
Date: 15 Mar 2005 22:21:54 +0100

Hello,

I just started using GNUs.  Aside from a few problems with
configuration, I'm really liking it so far.  However, I'm having a
couple of problems I haven't been able to resolve.  The first as
follows.

When I try to move a message with `B m' I an error message like the
following appears in the minibuffer:

Couldn't move message 435: group INBOX selected

Afterwards, Gnus is in a strange state, trying to quit the group with
`q' in the summary buffer may result in a `wrong argument type:
stringp, nil' error, or trying to view another message in the current
group may result in the error `Buffer *Article* has no process'.  I've
seen both of these behavoirs but they do not appear to occur at the
same time.

Restarting Gnus resolves the above symtoms, but I still can't move
messages.

Any ideas?

I am using Gnus 5.9.0 with GNU Emacs 21.3.1.  The IMAP server is
Curior IMAP running on localhost.

Thanks,

Aaron