Re: x-pkcs7-mime verification?

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Re: x-pkcs7-mime verification?
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 21:20:28 +0200

    DSG> SMIME verification is there in CVS gnus and I think it's been
    DSG> there for quite a while.

    AJ> This should be working in the CVS version of Gnus. Both on the
    AJ> trunk and in the v5-10 branch.

I should probably clarify that x-pkcs7-signature verification works for
me, but x-pkcs7-mime verification does not.

When I try to display an x-pkcs7-mime verification message, Gnus first
asks me whether it should be decrypted (it actually means decoding, not
decrypting) and after a positive answer it displays the message and
reports "Verify signed PKCS#7 message is unimplemented.".  This happens
with both CVS Emacs and Gnus CVS snapshot in Debian.  Looking into the
current Gnus CVS, the verification is still missing in
mm-view-pkcs7-verify in mm-view.el.

Thanks,

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--
The world is not something you can wrap your head around without needing years
of experience.                              -- Kent M. Pitman in comp.lang.lisp