Re: Hiding deleted items from Summary buffer

From: David Z Maze
Subject: Re: Hiding deleted items from Summary buffer
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 10:10:27 -0400

Sébastien Vauban <ewgeocaufsfb@spammotel.com> writes:

> After many unsuccessful attempts, I'm deciding to ask you the
> question, ie. trying to help me to remove the deleted items from
> the Summary buffer view.

'x' from the summary buffer looks like it should trim the summary
buffer to only unread articles; read, deleted, expirable,
etc. articles should go away.

> I've tried setting everything I could possibly imagine (playing
> with the expiry function, moving articles to a "Trash" group,
> etc.) but I do know what I'm not doing correctly...
>
> My goal is that if I'm deleting one mail, I do not see it again
> the next time I come back to that summary buffer. What can I do
> to achieve that?

How are you deleting the articles?  Which backend?  Using both nnml
and nnimap, if I delete or move an article away with 'B DEL' or 'B m',
respectively, the article is gone the next time I come back into the
group.  Explicitly expirable articles are treated as "read" so I don't
see them again unless there are no read or ticked articles or I use
C-u RET to erter the group.

  --dzm