Moving to the next news group

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Moving to the next news group
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 14:37:25 +0100

I used to use "k" and/or "n" repeatedly to go through news groups.
Quite often there are no articles that I actually want to read, so
fetching the articles was a bit pointless, and the article buffer got
in the way of the summary buffer for no good reason.

So now I am using "C-k" and "M-n", which do much the same as "k" and
"n" but without actually displaying the articles.  Much better.

However, one other difference is that when I reach the end of a
newsgroup, "C-k" and "M-n" just tell me that there are no more
articles, whereas "k" and "n" would take me to the next newsgroup with
unread articles.

How can I go to the next relevant newsgroup, without displaying the
first article?  At the moment I am having to do "q . RET", which is
not very efficient.

David

--

David Sumbler

Please reply with a followup to the newsgroup.

However, if you _really_ want to send me an e-mail,
replace "nospam" in my address with "aeolia".