Re: Moving to the next news group

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: Moving to the next news group
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 18:34:44 +0100

bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård) writes:

> David Sumbler <david@nospam.co.uk> writes:
>
>> How can I go to the next relevant newsgroup, without displaying the
>> first article?
>
>     Z N runs the command gnus-summary-next-group
>
>     Exit current newsgroup and then select next unread newsgroup. If
>     prefix argument NO-ARTICLE is non-nil, no article is selected
>     initially. [...]
>
> (Also see `gnus-auto-select-first'.)

Thanks for the help.  'Z N' with a prefix is a bit ungainly, so I
tried your other suggestion.  I had to have quite a lot of goes at
getting the syntax right for 'gnus-auto-select-first' and
'gnus-select-group-hool', but I got there in the end.  Works a treat.

David

--

David Sumbler

Please reply with a followup to the newsgroup.

However, if you _really_ want to send me an e-mail,
replace "nospam" in my address with "aeolia".