Re: I Want Same Summary Line Format For Nntp And Nnml Group

From: Steven Woody
Subject: Re: I Want Same Summary Line Format For Nntp And Nnml Group
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 03:09:08 +0800

Neil Woods <cnw+usenet@pobox.com> writes:

> SB> For some reason, Gnus defaults to the To: header in nnml when "f" is
> SB> active.  I haven't looked into why, someone else can certainly answer
> SB> that one.   Also, you might want to experiment with some of the other
> SB> alternatives above.
>
> Take a look at the variable 'gnus-ignored-from-addresses'.  It is a
> regular expression of From headers that may be suppressed in favour of
> To headers.  For example, I have it set to "Neil Woods" so that when I
> look at mail I have sent, my name gets replaced by the name of the
> person I sent the mail to.  In a similar fashion, in newsgroup summary
> buffers, the name of the newsgroup is inserted.
>
> --
> Neil

thanks all of you. after study your posts, i finnally decide using following
code:

(setq gnus-extra-headers
      '(To Newsgroups))
(setq nnmail-extra-headers gnus-extra-headers)
(setq gnus-summary-line-format
      "%U%R%z%I%(%[%4L: %-23,23f%]%) %s\n")
(setq gnus-ignored-from-addresses
      "Steven Woody")

it seems Steinar's solution of replacing '%f' with '%n' is also a good idea.

-
narke