Re: header error

From: Haines Brown
Subject: Re: header error
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 16:30:15 GMT

Haines Brown <brownh@hartford-hwp.com> writes:

> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:
> > An easy way to control the email-address is by setting
> > user-mail-address:
> >
> >  (setq user-mail-address "youremail@example.com")
>
> I tried a number of such expedients. This one:
>
>   (setq user-mail-address "brownh@hartford-hwp.com")
>
> Seems to kill the From line altogether. I have to type the entire line
> by hand when I use this line in ~/.gnus.

Yep (following up on myself - sorry), I see that my mail arriving on
the newsgroup has the proper From: line. Am I correct to assume that
this line was culled from the envelope From line? If so, then the
user-mail-address apparently sets the envelope From line, not the
message header From: line.

--

       Haines Brown
       KB1GRM