Re: function definition void

From: Jason Dufair
Subject: Re: function definition void
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 09:40:37 -0500

Baloff <washdc@xxx> writes:

> I copied and yanked this in my ./gnus.el file but it is giving article
> function definition void: or something like that in the minibuffer
> when I load-file ./gnus.el
>
> (article (horizontal 1.0
>                    (vertical 0.5
>                              (group 1.0)
>                              (gnus-carpal 4))
>                    (vertical 1.0
>                              (summary 0.25 point)
>                              (summary-carpal 4)
>                              (article 1.0))))
> I got it from
> http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_272.html#SEC272
> what am I doing wrong?
>
> thanks

You'll need an actual function call:

(gnus-add-configuration
 '(article (horizontal 1.0
                       (vertical 0.5
                                 (group 1.0)
                                 (gnus-carpal 4))
                       (vertical 1.0
                                 (summary 0.25 point)
                                 (summary-carpal 4)
                                 (article 1.0)))))

gnus-add-configuration is the function call and the rest is the
argument to that function.  The above should do the trick for you
(assuming the layout actually works - I didn't try it)

--
Jason Dufair - jase@dufair.org
http://www.dufair.org/