Re: Dynamic reorganization of mail groups

From: Victor S. Miller
Subject: Re: Dynamic reorganization of mail groups
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 13:59:45 -0400

>>>>> "Victor" == Victor S Miller <victor@algebraic.org> writes:

Victor> I would like to dynamically reorganize my mail groups using a
Victor> "move to front" method:

Victor> When I group receives new mail (via some split), it is moved
Victor> to the top of the list of mail groups.  Is there a hook that
Victor> gets invoked when a split files mail in a group?  Has anybody
Victor> else written code to do something like this?  A less crude
Victor> alternative to this is to have score associated with each mail
Victor> group, which is increased when it receives new mail, and then
Victor> sort the groups according to score.

Victor> Victor

Here's some data.  I'm generating an imap-log.  It has a lot of stuff
when it initially connects.  Here's what I get after I try to enter
nnimap+AOL:INBOX (I aborted it with C-g after a long period of time):

29 SELECT "INBOX"
* 1 EXISTS
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1] UID validity status
* OK [UIDNEXT 12094471] predicted next UID
* 0 RECENT
* FLAGS (\Seen \Deleted XAOL-READ XAOL-GOODCHECK-DONE XAOL-CLIENT-BULK
XAOL-GOOD \Draft \Flagged \Answered $MDNSent XAOL-VOICEMAIL XAOL-BULK
XAOL-PRIORITY-MAIL XAOL-BILLPAY-MAIL XAOL-OFFICIAL-MAIL XAOL-VIRUS-REPAIRED
XAOL-VIRUS-NOT-SCANNED)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Seen \Deleted XAOL-GOODCHECK-DONE XAOL-CLIENT-BULK
XAOL-GOOD \Draft \Flagged \Answered $MDNSent)] Permanent flags
* OK [UNSEEN 1] First unseen
29 OK [READ-WRITE] SELECT completed