Re: No Followup-To header defaults

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: No Followup-To header defaults
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 07:47:38 +0900

> When I moved to a set up on a new machine, my gnus (still emacs
> version 21.4.2) acts differently. I should add that I moved all
> statements related to gnus from my ~/.emacs file to a ~/.gnus file,
> but none seem relevant to the issue.

> When I reply to a message that was originally sent to multiple groups,
> I get:

>   Followups to (default: no Followup-To header)

> When I Enter, I get:

>   Really use these possible unknown groups: ... (y or n)?

I think the reason that Gnus issues such a message is that the
groups the original article was posted to include groups which
you don't subscribe to.

> When I say "y", the message does go out to the groups. How do I
> recover a default display of the list of groups?

So, it seems to solve by subscribing to all those groups.
Another solution is to set the `gnus-read-active-file' variable
to t, though it might slow down Gnus.