Re: Strange charset selection when posting in iso-8859-1

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: Strange charset selection when posting in iso-8859-1
Date: 06 Sep 2005 14:37:46 +0200

Stefan Monnier writes:

 >> (setq-default enable-multibyte-characters nil)
 >
 > If you have problems that seem to be fixed by the above,
 > please use M-x report-emacs-bug RET to report them.

Like some others have said too: the problem isn't that Emacs
would have any "bugs" I could report, it's just that I do
_not_ want it to guess any encodings. I use iso-8859-1, and
that's good enough for me.

Now, I still wonder why Gnus offers latin1-iso-8859-1
instead of the correct name. If this would be fixed, I'd be
a happy camper.

Peter