Re: Gnus vs Cache : need advice plus a question

From: Glyn Millington
Subject: Re: Gnus vs Cache : need advice plus a question
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 18:35:11 +0000

Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:

> what about posting messages when offline then ?

I've never got involved with agent!

What I did here when I was on a dial-up connection was to use Leafnode, a
small local news server which downloads messages for selected groups,
stores them and then expires them.  Via ip-up scripts it can be configured
to send out posts when you dial up. Receiving and sending mail can be done
with fetchmail, sendmail and those same ip-up scripts.

But it is entirely possible that I have misunderstood what you are
asking for ....

hth

Glyn