Re: Gnus vs Cache : need advice plus a question

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Gnus vs Cache : need advice plus a question
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 19:53:58 +0100

On  1 nov 2005, flatman@swing.be wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I do have a laptop , but don't use agent (too slow)... What I
> do is : I use getmail for downloading mails from pop (in a
> cronjob) and procmail for sorting the received mail. Gnus just
> reads that mail from local dirs... that may occur offline then.
> For reading news I installed leafnode on my laptop. Gnus
> accesses the news locally . Only for sending mail I need to be
> online , news can be sent offline.
>
> I hope this helps ...

That helps but I do not want to depend on third-party tools :) I
used to do that before (in the old days) but I'd rather do all
with emacs and gnus ;)

Thank you.
--
"sometimes i feel like we're making emacs better and better because we don't
 know what to do with emacs once it is finished."

    -- AlexSchroeder on #emacs @OPN