nnimap+courier: howto sync

From: Vehbi Sinan Tunalioglu
Subject: nnimap+courier: howto sync
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:30:55 +0200

Hi,

I am using:

* Ubuntu/Linux
* fetchmail
* postfix+maildrop
* Courier IMAP

for catching emails from various pop and imap sources and serving them
locally. I was using mozilla-thunderbird to read my emails. Now, I
want to switch to GNUS to read my emails served from the local Courier
IMAP server.

Two problems:

1. GNUS does not remember which imap folders I was subscribed to, when
   I restart it. (Yes, I am quitting by pressing "q" in the *Group*
   buffer)

2. GNUS seems that it doesn't fetch the actual flags from the server:
   Every email seems as if I did not read them.

Below is my .gnus.el

Thanks in advance.
--vst

===File ~/.gnus.el==========================================
(setq user-mail-address "blabla@blablavsthost.com")
(setq user-full-name    "Vehbi Sinan Tunalioglu")

(setq gnus-posting-styles
          '(("gmane.lisp.region.turkey"
                 (address "blabla@blablabilgi.edu.tr")
                 (name    "Vehbi Sinan Tunalioglu"))))

(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "news.individual.net"))

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods '(
                                                                          (nntp
"news.gmane.org")

(nnimap "mobile.vsthost.com"