mail sources and groups

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: mail sources and groups
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 06:03:41 -0800 (PST)

My main mail source is a directory with multiple spool folders,
into which I split with procmail.  I prefer splitting with procmail
to Gnus' built-in nnmail-split mechanism for various reasons and
don't want to change that.  Now what if I want to fetch from the
default system mailbox /var/mail/foo as well?  I can add an mbox
source for it, but how does Gnus know what group these articles
belong to?  Do I have to define nnmail-split-methods?  Will
that clash with the procmail way (i.e. will all articles then
be routed to the one and only group in nnmail-split-methods,
ignoring the procmail split)?

Thanks.

--
A true pessimist won't be discouraged by a little success.