How do i get my mail from where fetchmail/procmail put it?

From: subopt
Subject: How do i get my mail from where fetchmail/procmail put it?
Date: 1 May 2006 10:22:47 -0700

I set up Gnus to handle my IMAP email directly, but the IMAP server
was very slow, and i was constantly having mailbox quota issues, so i
got fetchmail/procmail to fetch my IMAP mail, sort it, and put it into
subdirs of ~/FetchedMail/ :

    bugzilla/    LSF/    team/    boss/    personal/   (etc)

The messages' names look like:

    msg.1fj8   msg.4sTIB  msg.7bu8   msg.9scH   msg.DtcH   msg.Kcu8

(I don't have a /var/spool/mail/<me>/ dir, and our sys-admins won't
create one.)

I want Gnus to use nnml to handle that email. I've read through most
of the Select Methods / Getting Mail section of the manual, and now
i'm thoroughly confused. I can't figure out how nnml relates to
nnmail, or how to set 'gnus-select-method' correctly (we don't have a
news server) to get my mail from my ~/FetchedMail/ dir and put it in
the numbered files style in ~/Mail/. I fiddled about with the
'mail-sources' var, but that didn't help either.  (BTW, each time i
make a new ~/.gnus, i first kill emacs, and delete my old
~/.newsrc.eld, so as to not confuse Gnus.)

This seems like it should be a very simple thing to do, particularly
since i plan on doing all splitting and spam filtering via procmail,
and since i'm only doing email. But i'm obviously missing some simple
concept here. Can anyone post me the few lines i need to make this
happen? Or, if it's a lot of code, and just horribly complicated, tell
me which parts of the Gnus manual i need to completely understand to
fix this.

Thanks in advance.