Re: Gmail pop3 problem

From: Burton Samograd
Subject: Re: Gmail pop3 problem
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 15:12:37 -0600

Hadron Quark <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

> Burton Samograd <kruhftREMOVE@gmail.com> writes:

>> <snip>
>>> Is there some flag or hidden switch for pop3 that might help here?
>>
>> In my general form, I'll reply to the answer for my previous post.  It
>> turns out that my configuration wasn't wrong (see the previous for
>> that), but that my gmail pop settings were.  If you enable pop only
>> for mail from a certain time, it doesn't let you get it.  *But*, if
>> you enable it for all mail, it seems to come down fine, you just have
>> to wait for it all to come down (5000 messages and counting so far).
>
> Really? It works ok with all other pop3 clients/MDAs I have tried including
> fetchmail and evolution.

Well, that's what I had to do to get something to come down at all.
There was new mail in my inbox but nothing would show up until I
checked the all messages...not a bit deal though, now I have a backup
of my gmail locally anyways.  Just a pain to get all of them...

--
burton samograd                                 kruhft .at. gmail
kruhft.blogspot.com     www.myspace.com/kruhft  metashell.blogspot.com