Re: Gnus-Pers (personalities)

From: Hadron Quark
Subject: Re: Gnus-Pers (personalities)
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 11:58:20 +0200

Hadron Quark <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

> I tried to set up .gnus.el posting-styles with no success : so now I try
> Gnu-Pers instead (http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/GnusPers).
>
> Can some one please who me how they have configured a rule to match a
> personality to a regular expression
>
> e.g
>
> I want to use personality "xxx" when I am in newsgroup, for example,
> "comp.sys.ibm.pc.rpg" and press "a". From the scanty documentation it
> seemed that I must check for "*.rpg" against symbol "group" but I'm
> really not too sure anymore.
>
> I used "customize-group, personalities" and have 3 personalities set up
> which I can successfuly select using "gnus-presonality-choose" (C-c
> C-p). I have a default personality, but I really cant see how to match a
> newsgroup name and then select a non default personality.
>
> Any pointers greatly appreciated : I'm sure its something obvious that
> I'm blind to.

problem solved and just involved reading up in elisp regular
expressions.

In the regexp it was .*word rather than *.word : not too difficult after
all :)

Next problem : does anyone have an example of how to set personalities
based in mail group? I have nnmaildir groups set up : but the ng regexp
for "electric headers" doesnt seem to work with these group "names"
since there is no "newsgroup" field for this case.