Re: how is gnus sending emails?

From: Burton Samograd
Subject: Re: how is gnus sending emails?
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 09:59:44 -0600

Hadron Quark <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

> I use fetchmail and procmail to populate an nnmaildir setup for gnus :
> can send and receive emails fine.
>
> The question I have is : how is Gnus sending emails? I dont have any
> smtp stuff setup in my .gnus.el or my .emacs that I can see.
>
> How can I tell what configuration it is accessing to send via an
> "unknown to me" smtp server? I have multiple emails accounts for home,
> recreation and work and like to use the correct smtp for sending.

It is (probably) using your local smtp server and using sendmail (I
think that would be the sane default) for sending if you have a local
mail server running.  Check the smtpmail.el package for ways to use an
emacs package that sends smtp mail to a specific server.

--
burton samograd                                 kruhft .at. gmail
kruhft.blogspot.com     www.myspace.com/kruhft  metashell.blogspot.com