how is gnus sending emails?

From: Hadron Quark
Subject: how is gnus sending emails?
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 15:32:06 +0200

I use fetchmail and procmail to populate an nnmaildir setup for gnus :
can send and receive emails fine.

The question I have is : how is Gnus sending emails? I dont have any
smtp stuff setup in my .gnus.el or my .emacs that I can see.

How can I tell what configuration it is accessing to send via an
"unknown to me" smtp server? I have multiple emails accounts for home,
recreation and work and like to use the correct smtp for sending.