Re: pgg or mailcrypt

From: Hadron Quark
Subject: Re: pgg or mailcrypt
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:09:43 +0200

Bastien <bzgNOSPAM@altern.org> writes:

> Hadron Quark <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Can anyone offer advice on pgg v mailcrypt.
>
> Mailcrypt is obsolete.
>
> --
> Bastien

Someone better tell Ubuntu/debian that then.

I can find no tutorial or easy "howto guide" for PGG.

Where is mailcrypt tagged obsolete?

Can anyone point me into the right direction for using pgg from a set of
defined default keybindings in gnus? I cant find how to encrypt a post
(only region) or  how to interactively change the gpg user id.

But since mailcrypt works, is documented and (seems) more flexible and
easy to use I'll stick with it for now : the undlerying cyphers are done
using gpg so there is no security risk as mailcrypt is just a front end
I guess. Or?