Re: nnimap split rules

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: nnimap split rules
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:55:00 -0400

On 19 Jun 2006, late@literaturlatenight.de wrote:

> I had defined some split rules which splitted my mail from my Inbox
> folder properly but stopped working after I added a split rule for spam
> with bogofilter. After I tried some different settings now the
> according lines look like this:
>
> (setq spam-use-bogofilter t)
> (require 'spam)
>
> (setq
> nnimap-split-rule 'nnimap-split-fancy
> nnimap-split-inbox "INBOX"
> nnimap-split-fancy '(|
>                       (: spam-split)
>                       ("Texte/theater"        "Subject:.*ed harry")
>                       ("Texte/mantra"        "Subject:.*mantra")
>                       ("daily"                    "Subject:.*daily")
>                       ("config"                  "Subject:.*config")
>                     ;; default mailbox
>                     "INBOX"))
>
> (setq gnus-spam-process-destinations
> '((".*" "SPAM")))
>
> (setq spam-split-group "SPAM")
>
> As far as I can see spam split works but not splitting mail from my
> inbox

1) I think your fancy split rules are wrong.  They look like simple
   split rules.  Look at the nnimap-split-fancy docs.

2) gnus-spam-process-destination doesn't affect splitting, it matters
   when you exit a group and you have articles in it that are marked
   as spam.  They will be processed by the spam backends and then
   sent to the spam-process-destination ("SPAM" for all groups in your
   setup).  There's a similar process for non-spam (ham) articles.

Hope this helps
Ted