fetching mails in batch mode

From: Andrea Russo
Subject: fetching mails in batch mode
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:32:25 +0200

Hi all,

Reading the gnus manual:

,----[ (info "(gnus)Batching Agents") ]
|    You can run a complete batch command from the command line with the
| following incantation:
|
|      #!/bin/sh
|      emacs -batch -l ~/.emacs -l ~/.gnus.el gnus-agent-batch >/dev/null 2>&1
`----

My concern is that if I use this script to download asynchronously
mails while using an instance of gnus on a non batch emacs to read and
write mails, there are race conditions that can lead to currupted or
lost files?

And in case of concurrent running of the same batch script?

Thanks,
Andrea.

--
Lisp is a programmable programming language.
     -— John Foderaro