Gnus redownloading headers on entry.

From: François-Denis Gonthier
Subject: Gnus redownloading headers on entry.
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:59:18 -0400

Hello all,

My latest Gnus annoyance is that: sometimes (not all the time), when I
enter a newsgroup that has new message, Gnus will redownload all
headers.  I've spied him using Ethereal and I see he does something
like XOVER 1-94953, which doesn't quite make sense to me.  It results
that it takes me 10 seconds to enter a newgroups with just 2 or 3 news
messages.

Could be it related to me setting gnus-fetch-old-headers to some?  I
had it set to t, but I still think setting it to some would not mean
he'd download all messages.

François-Denis