Re: Spam configuation and bogofilter

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Spam configuation and bogofilter
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 12:08:43 -0000

On Jul 17, 5:09 am, Ted Zlatanov <t...@lifelogs.com> wrote:

> If that's fine, you need to set the spam-process group/topic parameter.
> There is a global variable if you don't want to use the group/topic
> parameter facility: gnus-spam-process-newsgroups.  I would recommend
> using Customize on it at least the first time, so you get the format
> right, even if you won't use Customize later.

Some places in the Gnus manual aren't shy about giving the
syntax.  ;-)
Also, maybe I just read the documentation wrong, but it seemed to me
that
that was the point of (setq gnus-use-bogofilter t).  Why do I do this
at all?

At any rate, I think this was the key problem.  Now misclassified
messages
are getting passed to bogofilter for training.

> I would suggest a different workflow:

Here's my implementation of your suggestion, which I think is right:

(spam-initialize)
(gnus-registry-initialize)
(setq spam-split-group "mail.spamgate"
      spam-use-spamassassin-headers t
      spam-use-bogofilter t

      gnus-spam-process-newsgroups
      '(("mail\\.*" ((spam spam-use-bogofilter))))

      gnus-spam-newsgroup-contents
      '(("mail.spamgate" gnus-group-spam-classification-spam))

      spam-mark-only-unseen-as-spam t
      spam-mark-ham-unread-before-move-spam-from-group t
      gnus-ham-process-destinations '(("mail\\.spamgate"
"mail.inbox"))
      gnus-spam-process-destinations '(("mail\\..*"
"mail.spam.expired"))
      spam-log-to-registry t
      gnus-registry-max-entries 4000)

Thank you very much for your help!