troubles after have changed locale ISO-8859-15 to utf8

From: francois . lagarde
Subject: troubles after have changed locale ISO-8859-15 to utf8
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 04:16:16 -0700

hello,

I am using GNU Emacs 22.1.1 and   No Gnus v0.7.

Few days ago, I changed my locale from ISO-8859-15 to UTF8. After some
headaches, everything seems to be fine.

When I send mails, I keep  a copy of the message in a file in a folder
given by:
(concat  "nnml:gposted." (format-time-string "%Y") ".news-" (format-
time-string "%m-%B-%Y"))

The bad thing, is that I am french, and some folders have accents like
"février". Folder created while I was using ISO-8859-15  are now badly
displayed (funny characters like ? and others things like that). So i
decided to convert them with convmv. Now it is a mess. I cannot acces
to folder such as
 nnml:gposted.2007.mails-02-février-2007

Moreover, since I use nnir/swish to archive my mails, I can't fetch
any mails holding in a folder with accents accents...

any help would be appreciated.

thanks.