Re: Changing gnus-user-agent and showing all headers?

From: andrew
Subject: Re: Changing gnus-user-agent and showing all headers?
Date: 04 Nov 2007 10:58:49 +1100

> On 04 Nov 2007 10:03:26 +1100, andrew wrote:
>
> > asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:
>
> >> (setq gnus-user-agent '(emacs))
>
> > Well I have duplicated this syntax exactly in my message. If it does
> > not only show emacs I shall eat my keyboard :-)
>
> Either you forgot to evaluate the above (or you didn't restart Gnus) or
> the version you are using is old enough to be different than mine.
>
> What does the documentation of gnus-user-agent say on your machine?
> (I.e. press C-h v gnus-user-agent).

Hmmm.. well that might be the answer: No Match !! My version of emacs
is:

andrew@ilium~$ emacs --version
GNU Emacs 21.4.2

and I guess according to my User-Agent header  Gnus/5.09 (Gnus v5.9.0).

Would I be better to simply install the newest stable release of emacs,
which I understand has the latest gnus? The version of emacs I have is
the default one that comes with slackware 12, I did not realise how aged
it was :-).

 Thanks for your patience,

     Andrew

--
Among the tales of sorrow and of ruin that come down to us
from the darkness of those days there are yet some in which