Re: Multiple smtpmail Accounts

From: CHENG Gao
Subject: Re: Multiple smtpmail Accounts
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 01:05:32 +0800

*On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 06:32:37 -0800
* Also sprach Volkan YAZICI <volkan.yazici@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I have different server entries both in my smtpmail-starttls-
> credentials and smtpmail-auth-credentials variables. But when I want to
> send a mail in gnus, smtpmail always prefers to use the server defined
> in smtpmail-smtp-server. In case of I empty this variable, smtpmail
> complains that smtpmail-smtp-server is not configured.
>
> How can I make smtpmail to select between different servers defined in
> smtpmail-starttls-credentials and smtpmail-auth-credentials by looking
> at "From:" header of the about to be sent post?
>

> Regards.
Using smtpmail.el seems not an easy solution. I use a lightweight
standalone application named MSMTP (http://msmtp.sf.net) and wrote a
simple function (put in .gnus.el) to choose among 7 email accounts. You
can change your from address at any time before sending. If you are
interested you can read my addtion to EmacsWiki page -
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/GnusMSMTP

My addtion is at the bottom under title "Yet Another Gnus/MSMTP Setting
for Easy Multi-SMTP Sending".

--
Numquam minus solus quam cum solus