Re: Why won't gnus display certain messages

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Why won't gnus display certain messages
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 08:47:20 +0100

reader@newsguy.com writes:

Hi,

> Or some other formulation for .gnus that would have caused something
> to be displayed?

Have a look at

,----[ C-h v gnus-buttonized-mime-types RET ]
| gnus-buttonized-mime-types is a variable defined in `gnus-art.el'.
| Its value is
| ("multipart/signed" "multipart/alternative")
|

| Documentation:
| List of MIME types that should be given buttons when rendered inline.
| If set, this variable overrides `gnus-unbuttonized-mime-types'.
| To see e.g. security buttons you could set this to
| `("multipart/signed")'.  You could also add "multipart/alternative" to
| this list to display radio buttons that allow you to choose one of two
| media types those mails include.  See also `mm-discouraged-alternatives'.
| This variable is only used when `gnus-inhibit-mime-unbuttonizing' is nil.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in
| version 22.1 of Emacs.
`----

With this setting I get buttons for multipart/alternative mails which
allow me to switch from one alternative to the other.

You can also switch from viewing one part to viewing another by pressing
`b'.  (Most of the time I don't use the buttons to switch, but they're a
nice indicator.)

Bye,
Tassilo
--
When an episode  of Walker Texas Ranger was aired  in France, the French
surrendered to Chuck Norris just to be on the safe side.