nnmairix - new version

From: David Engster
Subject: nnmairix - new version
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 00:01:45 +0200

There's a new version of nnmairix; a diff against the current CVS
version is attached to this mail. The diff got pretty big, sorry for
that. Almost everything deals with a new feature, allowing to propagate
marks from articles in nnmairix groups to the original article, which
was way more delicate than I previously thought and couldn't really be
split in smaller parts.

This "marks propagation" option can be activated on a per-group basis
(it's deactivated by default). It allows to use nnmairix more
efficiently as an alternative to mail splitting, which was actually my
prime motivation when I started with this, since my fancy-split-rules
started to get out of hand...

Unfortunately, the new marks propagation feature requires a patched
mairix binary. People who are not interested in marks propagation won't
have to patch, but it also fixes some annoyances regarding changing
maildir flags, so it might be useful anyway.

More details can be found in the updated docs at the EmacsWiki:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/GnusMairix

I will also convert the new documentation to texinfo for inclusion in the
Gnus manual.

For those who don't use CVS, the new source is also at

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/nnmairix.el

Other new features:

* Keep messages in nnmairix always read or unread.

* New option to enable/disable fast entering of nnmairix groups.

* Recreate back end folder in case of wrong article counts.

* More and better use of the registry for searching original articles.

-David