Displaying html mail

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Displaying html mail
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 07:32:21 -0400

I'm wondering if someone has figured out a good way to display html
emails.  What I'd like is for them to show up as normal text, but for
url's to be clickable so that if I want to see the html in my normal
browser, I can.

For instance, if a retailer sends me an email saying "click here to see
images", I'd like to be able to click.  At the moment, if the article is
text, I can see a URL and click it, but if it's html, I see only the
text and not the URL.

What I do now is look at the raw article and use X to mouse the URL into
the browser.  This is pretty inefficient.

I hope I've described this problem so that it makes sense.  I'm a very
long-time gnus user, so it's possible that it's been solved for
everybody else, but there's some ancient history in my .gnus.el that
prevents me from using the solution.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad@laymusic.org http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

She'd read up on the local pioneers -- the people who'd arrived in the
area in the early nineteenth century and had cleared the land,
chopping down the trees, burning their trunks and branches, arranging
their gigantic roots into the stump fences that were still to be seen
here and there, slowly decaying.  Many of these people had never used
an axe before they'd come.  Some of them had chopped off their legs;
others had stood in buckets while using their axes in order to avoid
that fate.

Margaret Attwood, _Moral Disorder_