Recognizing repeats in RSS feeds

From: Desmond Rivet
Subject: Recognizing repeats in RSS feeds
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 13:12:37 -0500

Hi all,

In addition to reading news and email, I use Gnus to keep track of
various RSS feeds.

For some of these feeds, certain articles will, over time, show up
repeatedly in my summary list.  I'm not sure why, but I assume it has
something to do with updates to the article itself.  Or maybe it happens
when someone posts a new comment on the article.  I don't know.

I have threading enabled on these RSS groups, so the repeated articles
at least get put under one thread, which is good.  However, they still
show up as "new" articles in my group.  I have to go in the group and
verify that the article is a repeat.  It's a bit of a pain.

Is there any way to score a repeated (updated) article down, so that
they wouldn't show up in my group unless I asked?  I have no idea where
to even start with this; a simple push in the right direction would be
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--
Desmond Rivet