Re: Recognizing repeats in RSS feeds

From: Mark Plaksin
Subject: Re: Recognizing repeats in RSS feeds
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 22:15:57 -0500

Desmond Rivet <desmond_news@videotron.ca> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> In addition to reading news and email, I use Gnus to keep track of
> various RSS feeds.
>
> For some of these feeds, certain articles will, over time, show up
> repeatedly in my summary list.  I'm not sure why, but I assume it has
> something to do with updates to the article itself.  Or maybe it happens
> when someone posts a new comment on the article.  I don't know.

FWIW, I recently switched from nnrss to nnshimbun (part of emacs-w3m)
and this problem has essentially disappeared.  I'm very happy with the
switch.  Here's a blog entry by the guy who recently added
shimbun-use-local which allows you to fetch feeds (and other shimbuns)
via an external script:  http://www.randomsample.de/dru5/node/45