Re: Viewed attachments / uudecoded files are deleted

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Viewed attachments / uudecoded files are deleted
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 18:04:52 -0500

Jarmo Hurri <jarmo.hurrigarbage@syk.fi> writes:

> 1. When viewing a binary MIME part of a message (with "K v") for the
>    first time, I get a message from the viewer - whatever it is - that
>    the file corresponding to that part does not exits. And the file in
>    which Gnus claims to have stored the part is really nowhere to be
>    found. Funnily enough, if I then try "K v" again, Gnus at least
>    sometimes opens the viewer with the part, but the file is still
>    nonexistent: for example, if I reload the file in my PDF viewer, the
>    viewer complains that the file does not exist.

This sounds like a race condition between Gnus launching the viewer and
the viewer opening the file. Apparently Gnus doesn't wait long enough;
there is probably no handshake, so Gnus can't tell that the file has
actually been opened.

It works more often the second time because the viewer is in cache, and
opens the file faster.

--
-- Stephe