Re: the problem of emacs with gnus

From: despen
Subject: Re: the problem of emacs with gnus
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 19:14:50 -0000

Sisyphus <yangbdy@163.com> writes:

> Thanks very much for your reply!
> I am very sorry for my careless description.
> You are right, I can load the files whose path include blank space in gnus
> mode, but I can't load any files whose path include Chinese characters.
> For example, when I load the file which path is
> "~/视频/text yang.txt"
> (after the "~/" are two Chinese characters)
> The emacs show the following  message :
>
> find-file-existing: ~/视频/text yang.txt does not exist
>
> Could you give me some suggestions of this problem?
> Apologize for my careless description again.

I created the directory below using the dired + command
Then I created the "test test" file using:

^x ^f test ^q space test

  /tmp/视频:
  total used in directory 12 available 1987832
  drwxr-xr-x   2 dane g    4096 Dec 11 22:26 .
  drwxrwxrwt. 31 root root 4096 Dec 11 22:26 ..
  -rw-r--r--   1 dane g       5 Dec 11 22:26 test test

I'm able to open the file with no problems.

Remember, to create or read the file use ^q (control q) before typing
the space.

--
Dan Espen