Re: Is gnus a good tool for me? How do I start?

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Is gnus a good tool for me? How do I start?
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:40:58 +0200

On Thu, Mar 29 2012, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer wrote:

> Marcin Borkowski <marcin.mbork.borkowski@gmail.com> writes:
>> My questions are:
>> * Is it possible to use Gnus to write/read emails on a remote server,
>> using IMAP?
>
> I think you'll need the newest Gnus for remote IMAP to be fast

The "latest" (= development version "Ma Gnus") is not suitable for a
beginner.  I'd recommend to wait for Emacs 24.1 (or use an Emacs-24
pretest) or fetch the lastest version of "No Gnus":
http://git.gnus.org/cgit/gnus.git/snapshot/gnus-n0-19.zip

Note that with the IMAP rewrite, some variables names have changed.
Make sure to read the manual of the Gnus version you are actually
using instead of blindly following examples from web pages or
postings.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,