Re: How to search a recently read mail

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: How to search a recently read mail
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:06:58 +0800

On Fri, Jul 20 2012, Julien Cubizolles wrote:

>> On Wed, Jul 11 2012, F. Durand wrote:
>
>> You could consider using mairix for indexing and searching. A query like
>> "d:5d- bs:keyword" would create a group containing messages from the
>> past five days with "keyword" in the body or subject header.
>
> How does it compare with namazu ? I couldn't find a comparison of their
> features.

I used to use namazu, then switched to nnmairix. Unfortunately I
recently cleaned up my emacs/gnus init files, including a big block of
long-commented code (and expletive-littered notes to self) related to my
old namazu installation, so I can't really tell you why I switched. All
I can remember is that I was happier afterwards. I think it had
something to do with the fact that mairix is much more target to email,
and had more mail-specific features. Sorry…

One disadvantage of mairix is that it only seems to perform ascii
indexing, ie no Latin-1 or UTF-8 (is this right?). If you use other
languages often, it's something to take into consideration.