Re: gnus-agent-toggle-plugged doesn't open the connections to agentized

From: Julien Cubizolles
Subject: Re: gnus-agent-toggle-plugged doesn't open the connections to agentized servers
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 11:06:33 +0200

> Julien Cubizolles <j.cubizolles@free.fr> writes:
>
>> Is there a way to make it so ? I tried adding
>> gnus-server-open-all-servers to gnus-agent-plugged-hook but
>>    * I'd prefer to open only agentized servers
>
> If you don't want certain servers to be opened, then put the groups from
> these servers on group levels where opening doesn't happen.

I tried it with no success, always the same error message. I came up
with the following code:

(setq gnus-agentized-servers '("nnimap:gmail" "nnimap:free"
"nntp:news.gmane.org";))

(defun jc-open-agentized-servers ()
  (let
  ((servers gnus-agentized-servers))
    (while servers
      (gnus-open-server (car servers))
      (setq servers (cdr servers))))
  )

(add-hook 'gnus-agent-plugged-hook 'jc-open-agentized-servers)

Julien.