Re: signing all mail by default

From: Charles Philip Chan
Subject: Re: signing all mail by default
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 06:32:54 -0500

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer <unhammer@fsfe.org> writes:

> I would love to simply say
>
>     (add-hook 'message-setup-hook 'mml-secure-message-sign)
>
> and have all mail signed by default. Unfortunately, this hook is
> called before gnus inserts reply text (so the <#secure thing is put
> below quoted text) and for certain emails even makes my Emacs hang
> (with 100 % CPU usage).

Strange, there must be something in your setting that is preventing
that. The "<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>" line is always inserted
below the "--text follows this line--" for me with 0% cpu usage. Try
bisecting your config. Also, I just notice, I am using
"gnus-message-setup-hook" and not "message-setup-hook", so try that
instead.

Charles

--
Linux!  Guerrilla UNIX Development     Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus.
(By mah@ka4ybr.com, Mark A. Horton KA4YBR)