Re: Unicode characters messed up in recent Emacs 24.4 versions?

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: Unicode characters messed up in recent Emacs 24.4 versions?
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 18:00:26 +0100

Elias Mårtenson <lokedhs@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using Gnus as shipped with Emacs (fresh off of the source
> repository).
>
> Am I the only one having problems with non-ASCII characters in HTML
> mail (mostly posted from Outlook) buffers? Instead of shopwing the
> correct chinese (or whatever) characters they all come out as
> sequences of control characters (^A^B^D^E etc...)
>
> This does not necessarily have anything to do with Gnus, or even
> Emacs. I'm constantly recompiling Emacs and I'm using Arch Linux so
> I'm also constantly updating the operating system. Any suggestions as
> to where I should start looking would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Elias

I've found the same problem too, but no solution. I come across it when
pasting text from a web posting into emacs.

However, I have a script called 'ebuild' on my blog site which you might find
useful for updating and rebuilding emacs. Its all automatic until it wants to
install in '/usr/local/bin' when it just wants your password to install it.

Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.4.50.6