Re: What happened to nnslashdot and nnultimate

From: Stefan Huchler
Subject: Re: What happened to nnslashdot and nnultimate
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 22:01:21 +0200

> I would guess interest faded.

for forums there exist tapatalk so some people are still interested in
not using garbage browsers for such tasks, even a company probably earns
much money with that software.

> Cool! It sounds really easy, when you put it like that. Have you started
> working on this module yet? You seem really keen on it. Be sure to share
> it with the world, when you've got it working!

So u critisize me for trolling, then u troll 10 times more than I do,
that makes sense.

> It is also a good method to get people to dismiss you as a kook.

see last sentence thats true for u then too.

> Nobody wanted to do that for the bitrotten modules you so long for.
>
> It is no more complicated than that, really.

So u KNOW that? or u just GUESS GUESS GUESS around wildly or did u read
every forum posts on taht topic did u scan the internet for every
newsreader and other stuff?

I know and admit happily that I dont know all, so I ask if somebody else
knows something, I learned u dont know anything about my topic, good for
u if nobody else answers in 2-3 days, ok there is maybe really no
solution except doing something for myself or live with it. But because
I use gnus sinse a few months and maybe emacs since a year, I ask here
because I thought thats the point of this forums for people to ask
stuff. aka get support.

BTW I did never tell somebody to develop it for me or something else, I
just tried to get answers to facts that make no sense to me, again it
makes no sense to remove a big feature without a good reason from a
software. So maybe somebody else then u that dont have to guess why that
is stumbles over this post and gives a real answer.

> Well, the number of people who were willing to do the work to keep those
> two backends working was zero.

So u know that for a fact? u are a gnus developer?

> I have been known to throw trolls a bad apple or two. Like now.

so when I troll I am a troll and when u troll u throw apples ok.

> And what are you doing about it?

First I check if somebody else solved this problem before because I am
not stupid and dont want to reinvent the wheel again and again.

> Why do you find that odd? Show me some software that never has
> regressions.

But they have regression mostly out of a mistake, they dont explizitly
commit regressions most of the time.

> Oh, and what browser might that be?

eww:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/eww